Starburst, Twitter, and Presto Software Foundation to Host Big Data Innovators at Annual Presto Summit
Presto Summit 2019 will feature keynote addresses by industry leaders from Comcast, Criteo, GrubHub, LinkedIn, Lyft, Netflix, Nordstrom, and Twitter
BOSTON (PRWEB) JUNE 06, 2019
Starburst, the Presto company, today announced it will co-host the annual Presto Summit with the Presto Software Foundation at Twitter in San Francisco at 9 a.m. PT on Thursday, June 20. The one-day conference will feature presentations and discussions on how the most innovative companies in the world are using the Presto SQL engine to power their advanced analytics initiatives.
Suitable for both business and technical audiences, attendees can register here for the free conference.
Originally created at Facebook in 2012, Presto is the fastest-growing distributed SQL query engine available today. At this year’s Presto Summit, some of the biggest Presto users and contributors from companies like Comcast, LinkedIn, Nordstrom, and Netflix will share use cases, as well as discuss topics including query federation across disparate data sources and high-performance SQL access to data lakes.
Companies use Presto SQL for its unique combination of ultra-high-performance, scalability, and ability to query petabyte-sized datasets, no matter their location. The Presto community has grown worldwide to include thousands of users and developers from enterprises and digital companies. In January, the community launched the Presto Software Foundation, a nonprofit organization to ensure the ongoing independence and community-driven advancement of the open-source distributed SQL query engine.
“Presto has become the SQL engine of choice for enterprises across multiple industries, as companies want to seamlessly query petabytes of data anywhere at any time, reduce cloud migration complexity, and avoid data warehouse vendor lock-in,” said Justin Borgman, co-founder and chief executive officer of Starburst. “The content for the Presto Summit is packed with valuable insights and industry data, and reflects the community’s innovative work and collaborative dedication to moving the technology forward.”
The complete list of presenters for the Presto Summit includes:
- Joseph Sajumon, principal engineer, Comcast
- Hakan Jakobsson, senior staff development, Criteo
- Alex Lin, principal engineer, GrubHub
- Andrew Jones, senior site reliability engineer – data, GrubHub
- Walaa Eldin Moustafa, staff software engineer, LinkedIn
- Puneet Jaiswal, software engineer, Lyft
- Daniel Weeks, engineering manager – big data compute, Netflix
- Nitin Guatam, principal engineer, Nordstrom
- Martin Traverso, co-creator of Presto and co-founder, Presto Software Foundation
- Dain Sundstrom, co-creator of Presto and co-founder, Presto Software Foundation
- David Phillips, co-creator of Presto and co-founder, Presto Software Foundation
- Justin Borgman, co-founder and CEO, Starburst
- Matt Fuller, co-founder and vice president of engineering, Starburst
- Hao Luo, senior software engineer, Twitter
The Presto Summit will be held at Twitter’s headquarters at 875 Stevenson Street, San Francisco on Thursday, June 20, 2019. The one-day event will run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT, followed by a networking event hosted by Starburst.
Starburst is the Presto company. Founded by leading developers of the open source Presto project, Starburst gives analysts the freedom to analyze diverse data sets wherever their location, without compromising on performance. From data virtualization across data silos on-premises to high-performance data lake analytics in the cloud, Starburst allows you to query anything, anywhere.
Starburst and the Starburst logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Starburst Data, Inc.