Starburst Enterprise Distribution of Presto 203e Now Available!
Matt Fuller, Co-founder at Starburst
Starburst is pleased to announce the availability of Presto 203e. The most notable features and additions include:
- AWS Glue Integration
- New Geospatial functions and improved Geospatial function performance
- Additional SQL subquery support
- Add SQL FILTER clause for aggregations
- Column level access control*
- Support for authentication with JWT access token
- Various bug fixes that continue to improve the robustness of Presto
- Improvements to query scheduling and resource management
* Currently there is no Presto connector implementation that takes advantage of Presto’s newly added Column level access control. We are working on adding this to some of the connectors for the next release. Stay tuned to learn more!
203e is based on the prestodb/presto version 0.203 and includes additional features and patches that will be integrated in the master branch soon. 203e includes the Cost Based Optimizer making your queries run faster saving you time and cost. 203e is rigorously tested by Starburst and is certified to work with many of your favorite tools such as Apache Superset, Tableau, Qlik, and Power BI.